The Diocese of Knoxville Catholic schools’ curriculum goals are illuminated by the light of faith and grounded in the spiritual truths of sacred scripture and Catholic tradition.
Through the integration of Catholic identity, spiritual formation, and moral/ethical behavior, our Catholic schools implement a rigorous curriculum focused on skills essential for students to become socially responsible global citizens. There is great emphasis in the development of creativity, problem-solving, decision-making and appreciation of truth and beauty in all aesthetic and cultural forms. The framework for our curriculum is defined by:
- Diocese of Knoxville Grade Level Expectations
- State of Tennessee Curriculum Standards
- National Content Standards
- National Catholic Education Assoc. Benchmarks for Academic Excellence
- Catechetical Curriculum Guidelines for Prek-Grade 8 Religion
- DOK Annual Report 2015-2016