We recognize that the dismissal procedures have remained challenging throughout 1st semester. Recently a committee comprised of parents and faculty was organized to study these procedures and make suggestions. This committee gathered feedback from both parents and students via surveys and review of our parking lot process. The committee then met with Father David and the administration with survey results and suggestions. We appreciate all the time and effort the committee spent on the review of our dismissal process. Additionally, we are grateful to the Knox Co. Sherriff’s Department who volunteer to assist our dismissal when their schedule permits.
After evaluating the various concerns, it was determined that the time allotment between dismissal periods was insufficient.
Effective Monday, January 12, 2015 our dismissal times will return to: 3:05pm for grades K-3 and 3:25pm for grades 4-8 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday dismissal times will not be affected; 2:00pm for grades K-3 and 2:15 pm for grades 4-8. The 3:05pm car dismissal will continue to be in the front of the school and the 3:25pm car dismissal will be in the back.
The new dismissal times will also allow walk-up dismissal during both dismissal periods. It will remain in the front only and the same sign out procedure will exist.
In order to ensure the safety and efficiency of our dismissal, we would like to remind everyone of the following:
- While driving in car line, cell phone use is PROHIBITED.
- Please keep your car name tags clearly displayed throughout the entire dismissal process.
- Please limit left turns from our parking lot if at all possible.
- Do not park on the circle drive near the cathedral during dismissal times for walk up dismissal safety.
- Walk-up dismissal should leave our campus via the parking lot and not cross traffic during front dismissal.
- Car pool when possible.
Mrs. Sarah Trent