Sacred Heart Cathedral School is always interested in getting to know outstanding teachers who have a passion for Catholic education. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
You will find the current job openings listed below.
Substitute teachers are responsible for upholding the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school. In this role, individuals are responsible for carrying out the teacher’s lesson plans, managing discipline, and collaborating with the staff.
For those who are interested in being a substitute teacher, please email Mr. Amrein at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Afternoon Helper will aid in the implementation of the daily schedule and routine, leading activities, developing nurturing relationships, and ensuring the safety, security, and supervision of children.
Employment Type: Part Time
Schedule: Flexible days, 3-6 pm
Other Key Relationships: As an afternoon helper, you will interact and develop relationships with staff, parents, and children.
Essential Job Functions: Provide support to the Lead Teacher as requested. Activities may include and/or are not limited to the following:
- Assist staff, as needed in the classroom
- Assist with daily classroom activities and routines
- Participate in playground duty
- Guide students and aid with individual needs using behavior management techniques
- Protect the safety and health of children by closely following classroom rules and procedures.
- Supervise children by continually remaining within sight and sound
- Maintains confidentiality
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Club Eagle Director
Reports To: Preschool Director
Supervises: After School Care Employees
Hours of Employment: 19 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Job Summary: The director will manage all aspects of the school’s after-hours program efficiently, effectively, and professionally, providing a safe and nurturing environment for students and staff as well as being knowledgeable about, attentive to, and proactive about all state licensing regulations.
Education: High school diploma required with some college, at least 12 + semester hours in child development, child psychology, or early childhood education. . B.A./B.S. in Education preferred with an accredited college or university.
Performance and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and promotes the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy to parents and school staff, integrity, punctuality, and flexibility.
- Maintains and requires confidentiality with sensitive/personal information.
- Hires, trains, supervises and routinely evaluates after-school care employees.
- Releases after-school care employees, if necessary.
- Meets Diocesan requirements for CMG Connect training.
- Promotes and schedules CPR and First Aid training for all after-care employees annually.
- Promotes and schedules CMG Connect training for all after-care employees.
- Oversees the compliance of child supervision at all times.
- Maintains after-school care snack stock.
- Provides daily structure for students and a schedule for parents.
- Maintains appropriate discipline within the after-school care program.
- Understands and adheres to the Child Licensing mandates through the state.
- Provides a daily literacy program for a minimum of 30 minutes each day.
- Recognizes the needs and abilities of every individual student.
- Effectively utilizes daily electronic student sign-in and parent sign-out app.
- Completes the annual required Professional Development hours (18) as mandated by the state.